Whether you love meat or you often follow a plant-based diet, these black bean burgers are to die for. If you eat meat every day, have you considered a meatless Monday? If not, you will after one bite of these delicious veggie burgers, as they’re nutritious, packed with protein, and have plenty of spicy flavors. With only a few ingredients, this mouthwatering, simple meal is sure to please your family.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of black beans
- 3/4 cup of old fashion oats
- 1 canned chipotle in adobo chile
- 1 tablespoon of adobo sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large avocados, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro and tender stems
- 2-3 tablespoons of oil of choice (olive, canola, coconut, or avocado)
You might also like: 2021 Trends To Look Out For
- Begin by spreading your drained and rinsed black beans on a baking sheet. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the beans are dry to touch or begin splitting in the middle. Allow time to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Combine the beans, adobo and sauce, oats, salt, and pepper into a food processor. Make sure it has an attached blade. Afterward, let process until both the beans and oats are broken down, scraping the sides as needed every 15-20 seconds.
- Next, mash half of an avocado in a large bowl. This can be easily done with the tines of a fork. Use 1/2 cup to add to the bean mixture, stirring in with a rubber spatula until a mixture forms. Set aside the leftover avocado to serve on top of the burgers.
- Now, it is time to create your delicious patties. Using your hands, shape the mixture into 4 2/3 cup patties or 6 1/2 cup patties. If you are in a hurry to serve dinner, just let sit for 5 minutes. Or, if you are meal prepping, let refrigerate for 3 hours or so.
- Finally, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once warm, add the patties, cooking for 3-4 minutes, or until a dark crust forms. Next, flip them to the other side, cooking for another 3-4 minutes.
- At last, it’s time to serve up some delicious dinner! Add your remaining mashed avocado to top the patties. Also, spread chipotle mayonnaise, tomato, onion, and lettuce. Might we add, this is a pretty plate full of color!
Now, dig in! Plant-based burgers are exceptionally delicious and packed with wholesome ingredients, so we hope you enjoy this easy recipe as much as we do. Also, are you looking for a side to compliment? Chips and salsa sound inviting.