It’s finally Halloween week! Sunday afternoon, it will be time to dress up the kids in their fright night costume, walk around the neighborhood with friends and family, and say those special “trick-or-treat” words. Once they get home, they’ll dump their candy out in the living room and sift through the candies they do and do not like. Usually, mom and dad can snag a few of their chocolatey favorites, and make sure you do this year, as you will want to whip up a batch of these leftover candy brownies.
Here’s What You Will Need
You might also like: Tackle Holiday Cooking With These Top Kitchen Gadgets
Step By Step Instructions
- Begin by preheating your oven at 350 degrees. Now, grease a 9-inch baking pan. That way, as soon as your ingredients are mixed, all you have to do is pour it in the pan and pop it in the hot oven!
- Combine the 1 cup and 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour, salt, and baking power in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the butter, vanilla extract, and brown sugar. This is simply done with an electric mixer. Once at a creamy consistency, beat in 1 large egg.
- Now, it is time to combine the two mixtures. Gradually, add the flour mixture to the creamy, butter mixture. Once combined, add in the candies of your choice: the chocolate coated pieces, peanut butter cups, peanut butter candy, or anything else your taste buds desire.
- Add the mixture into your greased baking pan, and bake in the oven until golden brown for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once finished baking, allow 10 minutes to cool on a wire rack.
- Now, all that is left to do is enjoy and be thankful for your kiddos’ leftover treats!