School is back in session and adult work schedules are in full swing. When dinner time rolls around on the clock, the last thing you want to do is spend an hour in the kitchen preparing a meal with a step extensive and ingredient heavy recipe. Although, resulting in fast food drive-thrus and frozen meals is not cost-effective or delicious. Check out this 30-minute meal from Food Network that will feed a hungry crowd, leaving their tummies happy after a long, busy day.
Steak and Potato Kebabs
Why prepare meat and sides separately when they can be grilled together? That’s double the trouble and double the clean-up. These Steak and Potato Kebabs are out of this world, and all you need is a grill, the meat, potatoes, and some seasonings and sauces to achieve a steakhouse-worthy flavor. Head to the store to grab the following:
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound halved fingerling potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin (cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus (cut into 1 to 2-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp steak sauce
- kosher salt and ground pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
You might also like: Search For New Adventures Around Andalusia, AL
Step by Step Instructions
- Begin by preheating your grill and basting the grates with vegetable oil. Before hitting the grill, you will want to microwave your potatoes on high for about 5 minutes, making them tender to touch, which will come in handy when applying them to skewers.
- Next, season the beef tenderloin with salt and pepper, and then toss in olive oil.
- Apply the beef, potatoes, and asparagus to 10-inch skewers, as you should have enough to make eight. Rotate the beef, potatoes, and asparagus to the end of the skewer.
- Add the kebabs to the grill for about 6 minutes, flipping the sides frequently. While this recipe calls to cook the meat at medium rare, cook it to your family’s liking.
- For the steak sauce, combine the ketchup and mustard, vinegar, water, Worcestershire, and red pepper flakes.
- Serve with a side salad and call it dinner for a family of four!
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.